Monday, December 8, 2014

Walking through the Past

This past weekend the current owners of the Dogpatch theme park reopened the park for visitors. Most of the time you see parts of the park from the road and it's all fenced off with serious "No Trespassing" signs posted every where. I thought there would be a couple of other people interested-but hundreds walked the old park this week end.
I remember going to the park as a child and teenager.

I remember hanging out in one of these shacks as a teenager. Some of the buildings are in poor shape, but the church is in great shape:



Every where you went, you could hear people talking about things they remembered. I don't remember the honey bee building, but Dwight did-I don't think either of us remembered that honey was $1.75 a quart back in 1975.








I  did not remember the kissing rocks either:


I do remember the train and the swinging bridge:
Dwight remembered the train for a different reason. His Grandpa had told him there had been a train come by recently. Little boy Dwight wanted to know how his Grandpa knew-and his Grandpa told him because the train had left tracks...




No comments: