Tuesday, December 2, 2014

black friday/cyber monday

By the time I get around to posting this Black Friday and Cyber Monday will both be completely over.
I didn't stay up all night Thurday-I actually got six hours of some much needed sleep. I even talked Beth into going to Walmart in Pine Bluff Thanksgiving night(a nightmare). She and Jody have both vowed to never do it again.
My Black Friday shopping was very successful-filled the Prius to the gills(I say gills because the last thing I got to buy that day was a couple of fish-and I had to hold them in my lap). So, I attempted Cyber Monday sales. It was fine until some of the sites got to congested and I got kicked off, but still I mananged to get a couple of things on sale.
My sister wouldn't even consider braving the crowds with me. Why would she? Mom and I had always braved the crowds for her. I must admit both of us loved every minute of it. One time at one of our last stores-around 6 am-she told me she couldn't move anymore-we had started at 8 pm with no sleep. I had to stand in line by myself. She called me back to the car-and after I made sure someone was saving my place in line-I went to see what she wanted. She made me lean in the car window to hear her whisper:"Do you realize you're the only white person in line?" I told her shhh... maybe no one will notice-and the man in the next car started laughing so hard he spilled his coffee, but I got those video games.
We had a lot of fun shopping for the perfect "present" and I'll never forget all the laughs we had but if I could tell her one thing it would be the "perfect present" doesn't come from any store. It's "your presence".  I am grateful for so many wonderful memories and I aim to make many, many more. 

No comments: