Monday, November 4, 2013

Kate on Kate

Doctors tell Dwight it is not a good idea for him to go horse back riding for an extended period of time due to the blood clots he has had in his leg. For me that means, I have to be willing to ride by myself on a horse that I can control in all situations. Sassy has been a wonderful horse and will always be my first-but it takes a strong hand to control her-and sometimes I don't think it's wise for me to ride her alone. So the decision was made for me to retire Sassy. I unexpectedly got a call to come look at a horse. She's shorter than Sassy. She's very gentle. I went to ride her and she responds well. I can climb on her, make her speed up and slow down, calm her when she acts up, and I can make her figure 8 and back up. The trainer that had her needed a younger horse. One with a little more pep in her step. Sassy was exactly what she was looking for. Did I mention the horse she wanted to get rid of was named "Kate"?  The trainer was very excited to get Sassy and I'm equally excited about having Kate join us.

No comments: