Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Can I get an Amen?

I'm not knocking any religion. Really I'm not. But, at what point do the missionaries-soldiers of God-sharers of faith-get the point? No, I am not interested in joining your church. I have one that has currently disowned me because of a divorce. But, this new pope has the church rethinking its views on homosexuals and I figure divorcees aren't too far behind. Not holding my breath you understand. Does it not say something to  you that every three weeks when you stop to share your faith that I am in my pajamas? Yes, you can leave your literature. Let's discuss it after I've had a cup of coffee and am thinking straight-let's say sometime between midnight and one am. Put your number on the programs and I'll be sure to call then or maybe at my break sometime around 4 am. I really do admire the courage it takes to share your faith with strangers, but at this point in time- you know my name, where I live, and the colors of my slippers. How is it that the fact that I work all night continually slips your mind? That's right Sister, while you're all snug and comfy in your warm bed I'm out earning a pay check.

No comments: