Monday, October 15, 2012

Saying "Yes" to the Dress

Today, Ashley, Lauren, Beth, and myself made the trip to Fort Smith to look at a dress that Beth has spent literally months chasing down. She's called everyone trying to find this particular dress and finally found a sweet lady in Fort Smith willing to help her find it. They located one in Europe-their sizes are a little different, but judging by Beth's measurements-it might work. It was the only one left and it was a long shot.So Beth paid the nonrefundable deposit and had it sent over. Weeks of travel and it finally arrived in the USA-and today we saw her in that dress.
I really wished I hadn't promised not to post pictures. She glowed in the dress and it fit her perfectly. There was never any question of saying "No" to this dress. It was made for her. Designed for her and destined to be.
The lady reminded Beth that a payment had to be paid before the end of the week-and like most young adults sometimes money doesn't come when it should-so Beth nodded and went to take the dress off. I couldn't stand the idea of leaving the dress behind-after we had come so far-after the dress had come so far.
Because I have the most wonderful husband in the entire world, he doesn't really mind if I extend myself a little bit on the old credit card-so I tried my best to smile when I told Beth to grab her dress when it was time to go. She started crying. Then I started crying, Lauren was crying. Ashley was crying. WTF-the store owner was crying.God help me when the wedding actually gets here.
P.S. someone else tried on some veils-and we may have more than one beautiful bride in the future.

1 comment:

Beth said...

I love you so much,mom. Thank you again and be sure to thank Dwight for me. Ashley sent me some of the pictures she took and they look pretty good. Dont forget to send me your shots!