Monday, August 13, 2012

The Bathroom Part I

One day, I mentioned that I would like to replace the bathroom sink-it was avacado green and had a spot that showed some severe rusting. As long as the sink was going, I mentioned that the toilet needed to go too-same avacado green-and it never mattered what I cleaned it with-I could never quite get it clean. It would smell clean, but wouldn't look it.
 I thought I was doing something good-I bought a water saver toilett that I liked and a brushed silver facet to go with the new sink that I haven't found yet.
Then the hubster got in the remodel mode-if we were going to get a new sink might as well get a new vanity-ok, so I'm with him on that one. And somewhere it is written that the toilett must match the tub-so the avacado green tub went bye-bye too. Nothing wrong with that tub-it just wouldn't match the white toilett.
So we made several trips to Home Depot and found the tub we both liked-and asked for help from the friendly people there to find the correct drains for the tub we had picked out-they gave us the wrong size.
I wished that were were the woes ended but oh no.The house is old and settled and nothing is perfectly square-I can honestly say Hubby worked 16 hours to install the tub, but it is installed. No plumbing yet, but that sob is in the little slot where it's supposed to go. It's a nice looking tub, but I'm taking a shower in the RV until the bathroom is done(this is my punishment for wanting to remodel something I'm sure).

No comments: