Monday, June 13, 2011

Is he the one?

One of my girls asked:"Mama, think he's the ONE for me?"
I wish I was really Johnny on the spot and answered-what does your heart tell you or even better what is God telling you. But, I screwed up and just said-does he make you happy?
But then I redeemed myself just a wee bit because I told her when you find love in your twenties forever can be a really, really long time.
I wanted to tell her that you can't find the love of your life so early,but  when I think of Marty and Mike and a couple of others-I just can't. There are some people that have been married over 60. years and love their spouse with every fiber of their being. It happens-not very often, but it happens.  I asked Mr. Schuller if there was anything he needed-and he told me the only thing he ever needed was standing in the doorway-there stood his wife of 65 years.I still believe in love in first sight, happily ever after, and dreams come true-and if this man is her dream. Then I learn to deal with it and wish her the best, but if he breaks her heart-I'm kickin' some ass. With that said, I feel much better about the whole subject.

No comments: