Friday, April 10, 2009

Red Clover

My lil' sister is driving around to look at Blue Bonnets, but here in Arkansas-Red clover is blooming on all the road sides and fields. And what Blue Bonnets are to Lee, Red Clover is to me. It means spring. I love the look of it and the smell and it brings back lots of happy memories. I can't tell you how many times I've stopped the car so a kid could pick some of this delicious clover for a special bunny. I don't know which was happier-the rabbit eating the clover or the kid giving it to the rabbit-I could swear both wear grinning. I remember doing the same thing as a child-I also remember taking off my shoes to run bare foot through a field of clover with my best friend. The clover felt so good until one of us stepped on a honey bee and we always did. The joy we felt always outweighed the pain, so if I limp in front of you-know there's nothing seriously wrong, I just haven't grown up yet.

No comments: