Monday, October 13, 2008

Fall Migration

There's one day in the spring that all the turtle eggs seem to hatch. Not too long ago, my kids and I would drive around trying to save as many as we could-I really don't understand why a turtle (or even a chicken) just has to cross the road, but they do. Those little half-dollars with legs trying to make it across two lanes of traffic-talk about high hopes. Anyway, our record for one day was 17 (maybe this is why some box turtles are endangered?). Coming back from the Ozarks, I didn't see cute little turtles, but the biggest spiders I have ever seen. After consulting with Hillybilly, he did verify that the spiders have their own migration day too. So sorry Charlotte, couldn't make myself stop for even one. Wilbur would be so disappointed in me.

No comments: