Monday, August 26, 2024

National Dog Day

 So today is National Dog Day. If your dog is just a dog, I feel sorry for you because you are missing out. Really missing out. My dogs greet me at the door tails wagging, running in circles, and excited little barks. We share morning sunrises together. Sometimes they steal my coffee but that's probably God's way of telling me that I put too much creamer in it. They love to go for rides and watch TV. They love playing ball and chasing bugs. They love to wrestle and sometimes I think they exaggerate their wrestling moves because I laugh so hard. They bark at me if I stay up too late. I seriously think they just want to cuddle. When there's something strange going on, they let me know and are my fierce protectors but when it's storming they huddle in my lap and the role is reversed.  If I'm sick, they don't leave my side. I can stay in bed 14 hours and they won't move unless I do. Sometimes, I get sad and they take turns nuzzling my hands or giving me kisses. It doesn't matter to them what time of day this happens.  They're always ready. When night is over, they bark at the alarm clock. I think they hate it as much as I do. I wish they could live forever because that's how long I will love them.






No comments: