Monday, July 22, 2024

That's My Poppy

 I knew answering questions about Poppy would be inevitable.  I knew it. I tried to steel myself as best as I could, but tears happen. I woke Parker Saturday morning and he was excited to get in the car with me. Five minutes down the road, he asked if we were going to see his Poppy. I told him no that we couldn't because Poppy was in heaven and I swallowed that lump in my throat. I couldn't swallow the tears but wiped them away as fast as I could and I had hoped he didn't see my water works. We arrived safely at our destination and when I got Parker out of his car seat he gave me a big hug ar


ound the neck. As he was pulling away, he grapped my face between his hands and kissed me. He never said anything. He didn't have to. Sometimes actions speak louder than any words ever can.He didn't ask about him again, but he saw my Facebook open and saw a picture of my husband and me and yelled that's my Poppy.  Yes, Parker that will always be your Poppy and I hope you remember  how much he and Ganni love you. Forever and always.


No comments: