Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Hitting my knees

After knee surgery, you kinda take it easy on your knees. Mine was six months ago and to this day I put a pillow on the floor before I kneel. Then life happens and you feel something so strongly, so quickly that you don't have time to think and you just hit your knees to talk to God. Today is one of those days. Dwight is getting checked for cancer again. It's a follow up. It was planned but then delayed by Covid 19.  He's done everything the doctors have told him to do. I'm praying the tests come back clear. I'm not allowed in the hospital so all I can do is wait and pray. I wish I was closer to him. If I'm this scared, I can't imagine what Dwight must be feeling. Who am I kidding? He's probably just pissed that he couldn't have biscuits and gravy this morning.  That man. That crazy red neck hillbilly. He's the love of my life. I don't want him sick or in any pain.  Please God take the cancer away.

No comments: