Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Summer gardening

I haven't written much lately. The garden has kept me a little busy.  We were overrun with cherry tomatoes, bell peppers,  and cayenne peppers.  We had just a few cantelope and watermelon.  Two pumpkins.  Red potatoes did ok. Very little corn, but what we did have is beautiful. Jalapenos are still producing and look amazing.  I have some gourds for bird houses, but not as many as last year. The thornless blackberries did great for their first year. Nectarines were plentiful for the first time ever. Just a sprinkling of squash and zucchini, but we've planted a fall crop. My rosemary bush is flourishing.
So far we've put up garlic powder and garlic salt. Ground pepper. Watermelon candy. Canned greenbeans. Frozen tons of bell peppers and jalapenos for poppers. Made spaghetti sauce and salsa. 
If I'm not putting stuff up, there's watering and weeding to be done.

No comments: