Tuesday, April 3, 2018

No Pinnacle Mountain

I didn't go to Pinnacle Mountain this Easter. Probably the first time I didn't go in a long while. My sister joked we should only go if the weather was really crappy. It was. Cold,foggy, and rainy most of the day. The kind of day that Mom would have insisted that we go to out to Pinnacle Mountain for an Easter picnic. We'd gripe and grumble and she'd tell us we were going anyway and we would have a good time or else. 
Just thinking about it made me smile, so many times we did that and I'd love to do it again just to gripe instead of feeling this dull ache that comes when I miss her so much. I have to remind myself that it's been almost four years and it shouldn't hurt so much. But, it does and I talk myself into getting some kind of help and life happens-and I don't get the help I think I need. Then, another day will sneak up on me and boom-that ache will be back in full force all over again. I know it's just a price you pay for loving someone. 
I didn't go to Pinnacle, but I think I was where I was supposed to be-where I was needed. I cooked and cooked. Strawberry cake, peanut butter treats, rice krispy treats, ham, chicken, gravy, yeast rolls, potato salad, mashed potatoes, yeast rolls, corn, green beans, brocolli salad, deviled eggs and gravy. Four of the five made it over during the day-and it was fun to watch them visit. It was great to laugh and make more memories. Dwight fed the dogs way to much ham. Beth likes brocolli salad. Jody cannot ever get enough peanut butter treats. Paul loves ham and deviled eggs.  Heath and Lauren love Harley. Lauren has a problem understanding no cascarone eggs in the house.  

No comments: