Sunday, November 26, 2017

Happy trails problem

I know I'm rude when guests leave my house. Miss Manners would probably advise that I stay on the porch and see every one off, but that's just not possible. At our last celebration as soon as one person would leave-I could spend more time with someone else. I think I hugged everyone before they left-I tried anyway. One by one-they all left and went back to their homes and busy lives except Lee and her boys-I got to enjoy them for one more day. Enjoy them I did. We went to a cave, picked out some pretty rocks, ate at a local restaurant, and went horse back riding-all before two pm. We also saw a bald eagle on the way to the cave.
Technically, I could have watch Lee drive away. Physically not possible. I have a problem saying good bye. I know I'll see them again as soon as possible, but nothing's written in stone and it makes me more than a little sad. It was easy to say goodbye to my kids because Christmas is less than 4 weeks away and they'll come to see me once again. But my youngest nephews? These two are a blessing. They remind me how quickly time flies. It's so much fun to grab them chocolate milk and strawberries with whipped cream, because before too long they'll be too independent to ask. It's a wonderful feeling when one of them reaches out and grabs you by the hand.  Watching them learn and grow-wow...I envy their parents.

No comments: