Monday, September 12, 2016

End of Summer...Celebrating life


 A couple of weeks ago, I posted some pictures of a beautiful place called Falling Waters. At that time, I had a walking cast on and couldn't jump into the water. What I neglected to say was that I was a little bit glad that I couldn't jump. Heights terrify me-they always have. So much so, that I used to con my kids into hanging Christmas lights for me. Now they've all grown up and moved out so if I want lights, I have to hang them myself or sweet talk someone else into doing it for me. But jumping in the water? It's a pretty good distance up, I told myself it was only six feet up. My husband informed me I really do have a problem judging distances. It's more like 20 feet up. But fear shouldn't stop you from doing something you want to do. It might slow you down or make you think about the consequences but it shouldn't stop you from doing something you really want to do. So I jumped and ended my summer with a splash. Then, I jumped again because I could. Given the chance, I'll probably do it again too.



No comments: