Thursday, August 11, 2016

Enough already

August hasn't been my favorite month. The very first day I found out that I didn't have the gout or a stone bruise on my foot. Oh no, it had been sore for six weeks because I broke a small bone near the heel. No idea how I broke it, but the walking casts have really, really helped.
Then while hobbling around doing laundry, my favorite setting on the dryer wouldn't start. Fluffy cycle worked so I fluffed everything for a couple of days and then silence. Nothing. Nada.  None of the cycles worked at all. So I thought I'd take my time and shop around for a dryer. Go old school and hang clothes out on a clothes line. Hard to do with rain forecast for every single day. Every single day in August-no joke. Apparently hubster didn't like me hanging things from the shower because I have a nice "used" dryer.
Then for some strange reason, the dogs and another animal had a fight under my car. It took me a while to capture the wild wieners, but I did it and started to work. A light came on in my car that read "Check hybrid system immediately". Wth? What hybrid system? Where? So I took the car to the Toyota dealership and if they just replace the known damaged parts the cost will be around five hundred bucks. If the compressor and the other thingamajingy are shot the costs go up to around $5400. The adjuster is on the way to the repair shop to do what he does. It only took me two hours to acquire a rental car. Two friggin hours. I could have walked from the dealership to the rental place in that amount of time but there was a heat advisory out and the whole foot thing came into play. So I was in a really good mood and stopped at the feed store to get some egg pellets on my way to work. I thought I'd go ahead and get a coke, Maybe the sugar would improve my mood. Down the road and a couple of sips later? Coke Zero. As in zero sugar and zero appeal. Crap.
Usually the week end will improve my mood, but the forecast calls for clouds and rain. Clouds to block the biggest meteor shower of the decade. Rain to mess up my Bargains Galore on 64 (the ultimate 160 mile yard sale).
Maybe by the end of the month my luck will improve. Hopefully it will because if the foot doesn't heal properly surgery will be in my future. Something has got to go right some time.

No comments: