Thursday, March 3, 2016

Recipe time Lemon Fudge

I haven't posted a recipe in a while, and I made one from Pinterest that I really like. I would copy and paste, but I made my own adjustments so really it's become my recipe for Lemon Fudge.

Ingredients:
1 tsp lemon extract
1 tsp lemon zest (probably optional)
yellow food coloring-two drops
1 bag of white chocolate morsels
2/3 cup of whole milk or heavy cream
1 and a half cups of white sugar
one half stick of butter

Line an 8 x 8 pan with foil and spray with oil. Melt butter, sugar, and milk (or cream if you're using it) and boil for 5 minutes-watch not to scorch milk. Add food coloring, then  add extract and lemon zest and white morsels. Stir until morsels are completely dissolved and pour into pan. Refrigerate to firm up. You could probably omit the lemon zest if you were in a hurry. I added two drops of food coloring and that made it a pretty shade of yellow. Take it out of refrigerator to cut and enjoy.

No comments: