Thursday, August 6, 2009

Sorry Mama

A million years ago as a teenager, I did some stupid things. Oh, yes, a lot more than one, but the one on my mind today (and all night last night) was the one in which I closed down McDonald's-and got out late. Didn't call to say we got out late.Then, on the way home, we stopped to detail Melissa's car-wash, vacuum, the works.While were were detailing this car, along came some really cute guys that offered to change the oil (anything to keep us talking and flirting).They changed the oil and then we went directly home-around 3 am. Mom met me at the door and asked where I had been and I told her about getting out late and washing the car. (Didn't mention the oil change).She said I should've called. Now looking back her smile didn't mean that my story was funny-it was a smile of relief because I was ok and nothing bad had happened to me. It never occurred to me that she was wide awake and I never wondered how long she listened for my keys in the door. Now that I know what that feels like I have a new respect for my mother-she didn't eat her young .Hopefully, it's genetic.

1 comment:

Robyn said...

she just didn't eat you! She was really hungry by the time me and Lee made those mistakes!! haha! JK!