Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A Thanksgiving Story for Robyn

My sister's blog tells a funny story that she had with a turkey. I never had a turkey experience, but one Thanksgiving stands clear in my mind. I was at my in-laws house and someone had the bright idea to have everyone join hands around the table. We were all supposed to tell the family something that we were Thankful for and it went great until we got down to one of the last and smallest children. When it came her turn, she was thankful for her mom. Someone asked if she was thankful for anything else and she just replied No-without her I wouldn't have anything.
It got really quiet and it was funny how many people tried to hide tears. None were very successful and we never did the circle again.

2 comments:

Robyn said...

it's kinda hard to read that without choking up a bit. thanks!

tracey said...

You know we are at the age now we cry at everything. There is no use even trying to hide it.