Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Just a song

I've had several people call to wish me a Happy Birthday-and it truly amazes me that people take time out of their busy lives to give me this gesture of kindness. I appreciate each and every gesture. My soon to be Ex-mother-in-law was one of those people. Now she is not a spring chicken and not known for her musical talents, but she sang the entire birthday song to my answering machine-I missed the actual call being at work.Just hearing her sing makes me and most of her daughters laugh. Hearing the song on the machine made me laugh too, but not knowing what the future holds only made me cry. She has been an important part of my life for over 22 years and now I can't even sit and have a cup of coffee with her. I don't know when I can see her again or if she even knows how much I love her. I could sit and cry some more about it, but God always takes care of me. I think she told me that. It was either her or my own wonderful mother. How nice to have had them both for so long. Thanks for the memories and for making me smile so much, and yes I had a very wonderful birthday.

No comments: